Best Backpack Beach Chair [ 2022 Reviews ]
Here are our top choices for best backpack chairs for the beach in 2022.
- Tommy Bahama 2 Backpack Beach Chairs >> weight capacity:300 lbs, aluminum frame steel seat support
- Rio Beach Big Boy 13" High Seat Backpack Folding Beach Chair >> hands-free portability, up to 300 pounds
- Life is Good Backpack Beach Chair >> removable cooler bag for easy loading, unloading & cleaning
- RIO Gear Ultimate Backpack Chair with Cooler >> 5 reclining positions, holds up to 240 lbs.
- MOON LENCE Outdoor Ultralight Portable Folding Chair >> weighs 2 pounds which can hold up to 242 pounds
- Ostrich On Your Back Beach Chair >> extrawide with increased weight capacity, up to 325 lbs
- Beach Folding Recliner Chair with Adjustable SPF Canopy >> supports up to 300 lbs, weighs 9 lbs
Our Top "5" List: Backpack Beach Chairs in 2022
- Our Top "5" List: Backpack Beach Chairs in 2022
- 1. Tommy Bahama Backpack Beach Chairs
- 2. Rio Backpack Beach Lounge Chair
- 3. Life is Good Beach Chair with Cooler
- 4. MOON LENCE Portable Folding Chair
- 5. GCI Outdoor Folding Beach Recliner Chair with SPF Canopy
- Backpack Beach Chairs Buying Guide
- 1. Type
- 2. Build Quality
- 3. Straps
- 4. Pockets
- 5. Accessories
Organizing a trip to the beach can be overwhelming. You have to carry a lot of gear, including your beach tent or umbrella with an anchor, a rolling cooler with food and beverages, toys for the kids, and beach chairs. And if you are travelling with elderly members of your family, you need to consider their needs such as beach chairs for seniors as well.
Luckily, backpack style chairs can take some of the burdens off your hands. They come with two backpack straps, and you can transport them seamlessly on your shoulders. In this article, we review some of the best backpack beach chairs on the market, to help you with your choice.
Check them out below.
Eye-catchy patterns and sturdy, lightweight construction make the Tommy Bahama Backpack Beach Chairs our favorites. We like that they come in a set of two and various color combinations, but there are many other noteworthy features that define this best-in-class.
These beach chairs boast a super-simple setup thanks to their folding design. With an adjustable backrest, you can undoubtedly find your most comfortable lounge position, including lay flat for taking a nap.
An adjustable pillow boosts the comfort even more, but there are even more reasons why we like these beach chairs.
Each chair has a weight capacity of 300 pounds. They are a bit on the smaller side and may not accommodate people with larger body types, but their robustness is ensured by the aluminum frame and steel seat support.
The seat is made from durable 600D polyester fabric that resists UV rays and elements. A side pouch made from the same fabric boasts a storage pocket for small items as well as an insulting compartment for your beverage.
Another nice thing is the folding towel bar that holds your beach essentials clean and gets out of the way when you don’t need it.
Worthy of the best backpack beach chairs title, these chairs also come with padded backpack straps and fold completely flat for easy transport.
If you don’t really need a beach chair set, but like to lounge and don’t want to spend too much, the Rio Backpack Beach Lounge Chair could be just right.
Ultimate comfort is ensured by the unlimited reclining positions that will let you customize the backrest to your liking. It even has a flat lay option for either all day tanning or afternoon napping. Thanks to the sturdy frame design, you can also use it anywhere you like, be it at the beach, at the pool, or while camping.
The design may be a bit simplistic, but when folded, this beach lounge chair transforms into a convenient backpack. Two padded shoulder straps ensure easy transport, while a large pouch provides storage space for other beach gear and essentials.
Rio beach lounge chair is incredibly lightweight despite its steel construction. It weighs only 9 pounds and is rustproof so you won’t have to worry about weather or elements.
The sling is made from durable quick-dry polyester fabric and is extremely comfortable. We also like the height of this lounger that sits 10 inches off the ground (so pretty low to the ground). It’s perfect to use anywhere outdoors, and it even comes at a price that won’t break the bank.
If you want an awesome backpack beach chair and don’t mind to drop some bucks, the Life is Good is certain to impress. It’s more than a backpack beach chair. It comes with a convenient cooler that will keep your snacks and beverages fresh for longer.
The cooler bag is removable for easy loading and unloading of your goodies, and you can also use it as a pouch to transport other beach items as a carrying bag.
As for the chair, it’s very cozy. It has an oversized seat, a sturdy backrest, and two large armrests for enhanced comfort. It also has two oversized cup holders that fit even the largest cups or water bottles.
We also like that you can adjust the backrest thanks to its versatile 5 different positions recline feature.
Like most backpack beach chairs, the Life is Good is very easy to carry. Its padded shoulder straps are breathable and won’t damage your skin. Furthermore, the chair also has a smaller pouch for tiny essentials, such as your cell phone or keys.
Coming in three solar colors and decorated with funny logos, Life is Good is one of the best backpack beach chairs.
Not exactly a backpack beach chair but small enough when folded to fit seamlessly in a backpack, the MOON LENCE Portable Folding Chair truly deserves your attention. It is innovative and super portable, folding so compactly that it fits in a small pouch.
Installing it like a quad chair is also easy, just snap the metal poles in place and attach the foldable mesh. It’s lightweight and breathable, but also extremely comfortable. It weighs only 2 pounds, but it withstands up to 242 pounds.
The seat is made from durable 600D oxford fabric, while its unique, ergonomic design will allow you to relax in all peace of mind. Thanks to its super-compact size when folded, this chair is also perfect for taking with you on all your adventures, be it hiking, camping, or at the beach.
Another nice thing is the convenient pouch you can use to hold either your phone or a small drink. It doesn’t have a cup holder or a drink holder, but we wouldn’t expect a seat of this dimension to have it. Greatly priced for someone who doesn’t want to break the bank and super versatile, this is another exceptional beach chair we recommend.
The GCI Outdoor Wilderness Backpack Chair may not be advertised as a beach chair, but it suits the purpose wonderfully.
It impresses with high-quality construction and sturdiness. Tested in the field, it’s perfect for taking on all your adventures. This outstanding outdoor backpack chair is easy to fold and transport, and also easy to open thanks to its auto-fold shoulder strap technology.
Another patented technology delivers ultimate comfort, allowing you to adjust the backrest position at any angle.
Its cushioned lumbar support promotes correct posture even when soaking in the sun. Furthermore, the chair also has a cup holder and storage pocket.
It’s more expensive than other chairs on this list, but the price is fully justified by the quality. The frame is made from powder-coated steel while the seat is made from 600D polyester. A nice heft of only 9 pounds despite the steel frame makes it easy to carry, while at the same time, this backpack beach chair supports up to 300 pounds.
Incorporating patented technologies, robust, and durable, the GCI Outdoor Wilderness is one of the greatest backpack beach chairs you can find.
Backpack Beach Chairs Buying Guide
Backpack beach chairs come with a great advantage over all other types of best beach chairs; they are convenient to transport without carrying them in your hands. Here are a few essential things to consider before buying though.
The first thing to decide is whether you want a classic beach chair or a lounge chair.
- Classic beach chairs: Look similar to patio chairs, but they have a lighter design. Their frames are usually made of steel, aluminum, or plastic. The height off the ground varies from chair to chair, but it usually exceeds 10 inches.
- Lounge beach chairs: Look like traditional chaise longue, and most of them recline completely flat, so they double as a beach bed. These are a bit heavier than classic beach chairs but enhance comfort, and are ideal for those who love to soak in the sun.
2. Build Quality
Regardless of the type of chair you like, you must also check the build quality before buying. Most beach chairs come with steel or aluminum frames. Steel is sturdier; however, it’s also heavier than aluminum and has a poorer resistance to corrosion and rust.
Some entry-level beach chairs may have a plastic frame. We suggest you should stay away from these, as they are less resistant.
You should also check the fabric the seat is made from. If possible, choose a seat made from polyester, as it’s easier to clean than cotton blends and also more resistant.
The most important thing is the breathability. Some seats come with mesh inserts that promote airflow, others are made from fully breathable materials.
One of the most important things of a backpack chair is the straps. They must be padded, sturdy, and have robust stitches. The straps must also be breathable and adjustable, to ensure a perfect fit.
It is hard to find a beach chair that comes without them, but some backpack style chairs come with large pockets that are also accessible when the chair is folded. That’s a nice thing if you want to tuck in other essential beach gear, such as a towel or your sunscreen.
Just check you also have access to the pocket when the chair is unfolded, for added convenience.
Some beach chairs come with nothing but a small pouch. Others come with a host of accessories, like a carry bag. Here are some of the most useful:
- Cup holder: It may seem unimportant, but it can really enhance your experience at the beach. Some chairs have oversized cup holders that can accommodate larger cups, tumblers, and bottles.
- Insulated pocket: An alternative to the traditional cup holder, the insulated pocket can keep your drink cool for longer. You can also use these pockets to store snacks.
- Canopy: Comes as a great alternative to beach umbrellas, especially if you don’t like to carry a lot of gear.
- Pillow: Another nice thing is an adjustable pillow that will enhance comfort. Besides head pillows, some beach chairs also have lumbar support pillows that promote correct posture while resting.